Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: 60's Noshery  (Read 2364 times)

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
60's Noshery
« on: March 06, 2018 »
Has anyone tried the new restaurant? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018 by magsnmike »

Offline galeus

• regular contributor
Re: 60's Noshers Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018 »
I passed by there this morning and it's only open for take aways in the evening as yet.
Sign states restaurant opening soon.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018 »
Restaurant now open we went there last night. Now tried 3 different ones, Angus, Chilli and Cod all of which have been very very tasty. The chips are good as well. Also reasonably priced wine

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018 »
Where is this please, sounds good

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018 »
Opposite 60's bar in the old Mistinguette next to pharmacy

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018 »
Cheers for that, it’s good that new places are opening in the village, more choice and that can only be good for punters. I know we all have our go to restaurants but it is nice to try different places and spread the cash around.

Offline janey

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018 »
what a dreadful name.  must have taken loads of imagination to come up with that one.  lets hope the food is more imaginative

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018 »
It's actually called '60's Noshery' and it is essentialy a burger bar ... a pretty good one I have to say.

Offline linda

Re: 60's Noshery
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018 »
There take away will be open till 1 am which is handy if you have a late arrival

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018 »
what a dreadful name.  must have taken loads of imagination to come up with that one.  lets hope the food is more imaginative

It's not that bad, maybe they should have named it after a café in Wales, see here http://grumpyfuckerscoffeeshop.com/  .....yea it really does exist and very appropriate for some of the geriatrics in Los G  ;) ;)

Offline janey

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018 »

It's not that bad, maybe they should have named it after a café in Wales, see here http://grumpyfuckerscoffeeshop.com/  .....yea it really does exist and very appropriate for some of the geriatrics in Los G  ;) ;)

quite like that, at least its amusing.    unlike the aforementioned.

Offline Jodie

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018 »
We had the cod, chips and peas €8.95 best in the village for taste and Price.  Sunday Lunch €9.95 very good, worth a visit

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018 »
We had the cod, chips and peas €8.95 best in the village for taste and Price.  Sunday Lunch €9.95 very good, worth a visit

Well Jodie all I can say is that you must have showed a "bit of leg" to get yourself a cod and chips you thought was very good.

Went there last week for the said same meal, waited 55 minutes for it to arrive - whilst the chips were ok the fish was very poor both in size and it could have done with another few minutes in the fryer.  Mrs Kid had the chicken currie which she said was mediocre.

They clearly have some issues with their electricity supply as we were plunged into darkness 3 times with the fuses tripping.

Personally I have always found the fish and chips in the Highland Paddy excellent - better even that I can obtain here in the UK
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline Georgie

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018 »
Did someone else mention the fish and chip shop in playa arena

Does that do takeaways