Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Georgie was on his way to Los Gigantes when this happened..  (Read 4278 times)

Offline losgiganteskid

Advertisement
islandconnections.eu

Fame for Georgie at last as he hits the "top story" on the front page of Island Connections on 2nd March 2018
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline Georgie

I cannot get it to load properly but see two items

One is someone stripping off on a flight and the other a dance festival

It must be the dance festival you are talking about

I must have a go after winning the karioke championship some 7 years ago in highland paddy 2 years on the trot

I won a bottle of rum each time

Mind you only 3 people entered

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
I seem to remember someone beating me in too second place a few years back.
Were you the fella with the cap doing "Shaddap you face" by Joe Dolce
I really think I should have won, but reckon they felt sorry for you after the bottles and ashtrays started landing on you.

Offline unhappy

I am glad you have found each other after all these years, we might get some sensible posts now or is that too much to hope for. 

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
I have agree. For someone who supposedly has been coming to LG for quite a number of years Georgie does not seem to know anything about the place. Maybe he spends far too much time doing karioki!!  and drinking in the Harbour Club. He should spend his time getting out and about sussing the area out so he does not need to ask such basic questions like how much are fags/taxis/pint of milk and do the super markets deliver etc etc.

Maybe after this visit we can only hope that he gives useful advice to questions rather than ask all the time.

500 odd questions in 2 years is a bit much  I suggest. He wants every body else on the forum to do his "donkey work"

Only saying????? No offence meant of course.

AWOL

Offline pilgrim

I think Georgie is compiling an in-depth tourist guide to LG. And being smart, he is writing it from his sofa back in Essex. When it's published and his royalties come pouring in - he will be having the last laugh!

Offline el presidente

A few years ago we had a character called 'Sebastian' who used this message board to wind everybody up.
I suspect 'Georgie' is doing the same!

Offline will

• Old Hand
Let's hope we get a report from him on the new 60's  Gourmet Burger Bar .I am not adding directions so he will have something to do on his hols.

Offline Georgie

The royalties are coming in on my new book titled

I know more about the place than you lot

So let's have a quiz

On another note can you spoke in the 60 burger bar

Offline Georgie

Question 1

What is the name of the bus driver who drives the 325 at 8 20 from the bus station in los gigantes

Offline Mary

Yawn!

Offline losgiganteskid

Question 1

What is the name of the bus driver who drives the 325 at 8 20 from the bus station in los gigantes

That's much to easy a question George - everyone knows its Eric Higginbotham - you must know the family, his wife Hilda Higginbotham is the over 80's Los Gigantes nudist paragliding champion - had a bit of a mishap last week when she landed badly on a cactus.
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline pilgrim

I think that's a trick question because there is no 8.20 bus from LG.

Offline SandyLea

If you're in LG now Georgie, how about posting us a photo of you in the Harbour Club?

Offline unhappy

Please Please no photo, it's bad enough reading his drivel, I could not stand seeing him coughing a lung up standing outside anywhere. 

Offline Davymar

While we are at it, may i be allowed a whinge, we are here now, we have walked up to Colonial park to view the carnival, out of the way of the crowds, what is is about selfish  people who have to stand in front of people to take a photograph, we are all sat quietly on the wall so we can take photos, but no, some tosser will stand right in front on the road with no consideration for others, as soon as the traffic is allowed through, i am going to push a certain woman in front of the next vehicle!

squashplayer

Great , well done Davymar , over the wall would be better , no coming back from that !!!
Georgie , I challenge you to send in a photo of yourself whilst in Los Gigs , I am absolutely dying to see what you look like . Maybe you are someone I already know . At least a photo will dispel some of the myths .

Offline will

• Old Hand
I'm starting to feel sorry for Georgie,when I pointed out he kept repeating himself with sometimes a lapse in memory of previous posts.
I was told to get a life.Also I would like to say the winds have eased and the weather is on the up in LG.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
Anyway I've sussed it. Someone mentioned Essex and we have been inundated with stupid questions so "Georgie" is not a male. "Georgie is an Essex girl!!!! (Maybe I cannot say that in this day and age). I could be wrong and then it would not matter would it. Not casting aspersions of course. Its only wot I red in the Sun once!!!

Offline Davymar

Here he is.

Offline Mary

There is a pattern emerging on this board.
Georgie posts, and posts, and posts, until it gets up someoneís nose, they make a comment because itís starting to get annoying, another member defends Georgie and tells other users they are unfair, Georgie then says he/she is sorry if he/she offends, someone else says please carry on Georgie we enjoy it, so Georgie posts, and posts and posts. Except that now he/she is starting to repeat themselves and asking the same mind numbing drivel again
I shall name the next irritating buzzing fly Georgie

Offline unhappy

Davymar, sorry that person looks as though she knows where she is going

ANGIE

There is a pattern emerging on this board.
Georgie posts, and posts, and posts, until it gets up someoneís nose, they make a comment because itís starting to get annoying, another member defends Georgie and tells other users they are unfair, Georgie then says he/she is sorry if he/she offends, someone else says please carry on Georgie we enjoy it, so Georgie posts, and posts and posts. Except that now he/she is starting to repeat themselves and asking the same mind numbing drivel again
I shall name the next irritating buzzing fly Georgie

Well said Mary so true.

Offline Georgie

There seems to be a North south divide

This web site is for tourist and not a chat board

After this post I will give up and go away

But I will tell you I will always vote for freedom of speech and not some labour or communist point of view

Just listen to Churchill and you might feel ashamed

Good bye

Offline Mary

And away we go again. Buzzzzz, now bring on the minders
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018 by Mary »

ANGIE

I thought Churchill was Conservative??? Don't spit your dummy out. You stuck your head above the parapet, now take the flack. This forum is for everyone who wants to join in and we all learn from it and help each other. What is SO infuriating is you Georgie asking the same question over and over again,  and people who dip in and out of this forum see us criticising you for banal comments because they haven't followed the many many repeated questions you post. Please, either contribute to this forum or leave us in peace.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
Well said Angie. My sentiments completely. Now maybe we can all get back to enjoying this discussion board and offer our advice to those who hopefully will appreciate  and benefit from it.

AWOL

Offline pilgrim

I don't think there will be so much discussion without Georgie! She has started most of the threads. But I guess you miserable old moaners will be happy looking at an empty notice board from here on in.

Offline pilgrim

Georgie please reconsider about hanging up the mouse. Don't let them boring non South Easterners win!
They are only jealous! They haven't got the wit or the intellect to match you!!

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
It will certainly be quieter but It is up to "Georgie" if they want to opt out but what "Georgie" should have offered to do is knuckle down and start contributing to the site, but I get the impression they are not that way inclined looking at past posts. This is a site for information on LG and general advice from people that can and are more then willing to help not a holiday planner for one particular individual. We were even being asked about cruising around the Islands. Google is good for that sort of advice I would suggest.

AWOL