Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Raices resturant  (Read 825 times)

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
Raices resturant
« on: July 22, 2019 »
Advertisement
We tried the Raices restaurant along from the fisherwoman on the roundabout the other night.
The food was good, you have to pay for the potatoes or chips as an extra, as well as any descent veg you may like. This of course puts the price of any dish about 5 or 6 euros more than shown.
One of the waiters comes up to us, says I recognise you from the Tamara restaurant, says that the staff now work here! He must have a bloody great memory, because we haven't been in the Tamara for many years, as was always short changed, or over charged!
Now, with this new information! I said to the wife, we better check the bill and our change closely.
So the bill arrives, seems they have charged me 1.5E for the mojo sauce that was on the table, which I didn't use! And true to form, 17E for a bottle of wine, when my wife only had a small single glass!
We pull the waiter over, and point all this out. He returns with a corrected bill for 15.5E less!
This we duly pay.

I did tell 2 other tables of British on the way out, that they should check their bill!

So no change there - so to speak!

Offline unhappy

Re: Raices resturant
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019 »
Good info, is this the restaurant opposite Gigansol, we did notice in Feb that they were digging the land next to the original one or a new one.

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019 »
I take all restaurant reviews with a pinch of salt, because one persons fabulous experience is anotherís night from hell, it may be a difference in opinion of what is a good meal or a bad meal too expensive, good service, bad service etc etc or it could just be an off night for a waiter.
If you go to lots of different places then you will find what you like, regardless of what others think.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019 »
So what you are saying is, The Local Restaurant Guide on this site is a load of rubbish ??????????

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019 »
No Iím not saying that at all, thatís your interpretation, Iím saying that if my friends who know my likes and dislikes recommend a restaurant then I would probably try it.
However any restaurant review is a personal assessment of their visit on that night, but I would prefer to try different places and either go again or not.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019 »
Not much point in you reading this section then, Mary!  But be sure to check your bill when you do go to Raices.

Offline linda

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019 »
It's owned by the guy who had jardin del sol years ago found it very pleasent and enjoyable

Offline unhappy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019 »
I thought the point of this site was to try and inform people who live there but also for those that visit. We have been coming for over 25 years and have owned 2 properties but we don't live there.

I thought pilgrims post was informative and useful

Offline Davymar

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019 »
I thought pilgrims post was informative and useful
So did I ! thanks for posting Pilgrim, something to be aware of.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019 »
Me too

But my balcony has the best view in LG so we do not go out very often to restaurants :) however we love the Chicken Shack and therefore do not need to appear posh or dress up to impress and Steve is fair with his prices..

AWOL

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019 »
AWOL, sounds like you purchased from the same agent that we did! She said, we had the best view in LG.