Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Alcala to San Juan  (Read 2176 times)

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
Alcala to San Juan
« on: January 02, 2018 »
Advertisement
Is there a walkers path? If there is, what's it like and where can you get access?

TimO

Re: Alcala to San Juan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018 »
Have a look on Google Earth. It looks as though there is one,but it seems to go inland in parts, before going back to follow the coast again.

Stoutchap

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018 »
There is but is a while since I have done it.  It is easier to find it coming from San Juan and last time I did it there was the need to go in one street for a short distance but those works should have finished by now.  If not though it is fine.  It is not far maybe under 3 miles as LG to San Juan is only 7 miles as I recall.

jackngill

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018 »
There is a walk from San Juan to Alcala, the best way is from San Juan end,follow footpath from Fonsalia past the new desalination plant and up the cliffs,it then changes from tarmac to stones/scree,it is narrow in some places and within six feet of the cliff edge,I thought it was alright but my wife didnt like it at all, it comes into Alcala in the streets high above stone beach not far from medical centre.

Stoutchap

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018 »
I did this walk a few days ago as I had forgotten about the proximity to the edge.  In one place the path had eroded since last I walked it, I felt uncomfortable and held onto the wire by the the wall.  It will not stop me doing it and many other do this walk too but I imagine the visitor centres would advise against it not unreasonably.  Please be careful

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018 »
Thanks everyone for the information. I think I'll give it a miss!!