Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 70417 times)

Offline Georgie

Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #450 on: July 06, 2020 »
Advertisement
Thank you cs

I did not see the programme but hopefully it is on catch up

Thank you

Offline cs

« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2020 »
It was demonstrations on 2 separate days and I can remember which days but if you google ‘Gok Wan This morning lemon chicken’  and ‘Gok Wan sweet and sour this morning’ you’ll find the recipes, that’s what I did, I watched the articles but didn’t note the ingredients at the time

Offline Georgie

« Reply #452 on: July 07, 2020 »
Thank you

Offline Georgie

« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2020 »
I see today that viewings on the website has reached 49

Whereby the average was 15

It must be me holding my breath on a 4 hour flight xx

Offline Georgie

« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2020 »
There are reports today that people are turning up at hotels and apartments and they are closed

Anyone experiencing this especially el sombrero in October

Offline Davymar

« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2020 »
I don't think we have any time travellers on here. :)

Online nophead

« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2020 »
I think it is just a company called Love Holidays that have been sending people to closed hotels.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2020 »
Just had a directive from jet2 about our booking in October

Has anyone flew yet and what was it like at both airports

Offline Georgie

« Reply #458 on: July 18, 2020 »
Is anyone actually in los gigantes

TripAdvisor are still saying a number of places are still closed

Like el sombrero

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #459 on: July 18, 2020 »
Yes there are people in LG. Ok the hotel isn’t open but Costa Los Gigantes is opening next Friday, Barcelo  is open, Los Dragos is open. Plenty of places to eat open so good choice. It’s a great time to be here, enough to do, see, eat but not too many thus ensuring our safe ‘bubble’ stays safe.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #460 on: July 18, 2020 »
Thanks for the update

Do you think el sombrero will be open in October

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #461 on: July 18, 2020 »
We have had reassuring emails from Jet2 about flights in the future. Our accommodation is booked for September and we will be there unless something other than the virus stops us. LG is the one thing we have missed since March. Can’t wait to return,regardless of costs in bars, restaurants and shops.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #462 on: July 18, 2020 »
Good for you! Let us all know how you get on. We are looking to return maybe November December, hopefully things will be nearer to normal.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #463 on: July 19, 2020 »
Yes good luck

We are booked for October and I feel safer there than here

Still worried about the flight

How am I going to drink beer with a face mask on xx

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #464 on: July 19, 2020 »
With Jet2, Georgie, you are allowed to take your mask off to eat and drink - sensibly and responsibly 😂 I imagine we will all be so happy to get on holiday that even mask restrictions won’t spoil it. Hate the things, but needs must. Might have some with straws attached soon !!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2020 »
On the news today spain might be getting a second lockdown

Fingers crossed our visit is ok

Online nophead

« Reply #466 on: July 23, 2020 »
Bonkers, as they can see the first lockdown achieved nothing but economic destruction, the problem is still there, exactly the same as at the start of lockdown. As soon as Tenerife get hundreds of thousands of tourists the virus will spread again. They have to choose between a few deaths and total economic meltdown.

Even now there is a huge spike in the Canaries (101 in the last week) due to migrants arriving on boats, large numbers of which test positive. According to JA that isn't a problem because they are contained.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #467 on: July 23, 2020 »
How mad and worried it is all

Perhaps it is bad has first thought

Offline Georgie

« Reply #468 on: July 25, 2020 »
News tonight said lockdown and self isolate in and from spain

Hope our October holiday will be ok

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2020 »
Outbreak seems to be around Barcelona, so Canaries should be ok! If common sense prevails.

Online nophead

« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2020 »
Except it doesn't. Travel advice is against unnecessary travel to mainland Spain but quarantine on return applies to the Canaries and Balearics as well.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2020 »
And tui have cancelled all flights to the canaries as well.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #472 on: July 26, 2020 »
Sandylea

For august or beyond??

Offline blarer

« Reply #473 on: July 26, 2020 »
Until the rate of infections is deemed to be under control again.

Offline blarer

« Reply #474 on: July 26, 2020 »
Unconfirmed, but apparently TUI have announced that clients with holidays booked to the Canaries & Balearics will be able to travel again from Monday, 27 July. 14 days quarantine upon return to the UK must still be completed until further notice. An announcement about how long the quarantine rules will be enforced is expected sometime tomorrow. So some good news for the Canaries & Balearics.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2020 »
Just found out that jet2 have cancelled their holidays until middle of august

Not looking good for October

Online nophead

« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2020 »
The UK Govt have just added Spain's islands to the only essential travel advice.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2020 »
Whilst I feel very sad for people who will have their holidays cancelled & it does not matter if you agree or disagree with lockdowns your own health is the most important thing & I myself criticized the UK Government for not acting soon enough in March.

But what does annoy me is the two faced attitude of the Spanish Government, my wife & myself were trapped in Tenerife for 6 weeks under almost house arrest by their actions, with the position we were in we could see the Police patrolling the streets, the Coastguard in the air & on the sea patrolling the beaches & worst of all the drone flying over your property making sure you were not having a bbq or guests in your home, almost thought Franco was back in power.

All this going on when the rate of infections were VERY LOW & when we caught the first flight out on the 01/05/20 the total of deaths in the whole of the Canaries was 123 people and they say WE the UK are now over reacting by not allowing tourists to the Canaries & Balarices, "pot calling the kettle black comes to mind "

Online nophead

« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2020 »
Yes it became a police state overnight. Makes me regret buying property there. Beginning to doubt I will ever see it again as international travel is no longer feasible.

And case numbers in the Canaries do also show a dramatic rise recently like the rest of Spain. I won't show the graph as people here don't like them. Suffice it so say it is starting to look like a bathtub curve and they have gone from 2 in hospital to 13 in a week or two.

Offline janey

« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2020 »
Yes it became a police state overnight. Makes me regret buying property there. Beginning to doubt I will ever see it again as international travel is no longer feasible.

And case numbers in the Canaries do also show a dramatic rise recently like the rest of Spain. I won't show the graph as people here don't like them. Suffice it so say it is starting to look like a bathtub curve and they have gone from 2 in hospital to 13 in a week or two.

from what i read, 11 of the hospitalised patients were refugees off a boat which landed locally from africa.  very sad for the africans, but, great that the spanish picked them up immediatly and got them in isolation.   i suppose when it happens in uk, there has to be a few meetings about it, meanwhile the infected people are moving around within the community.  when eventually we make a decision, its too late.......   where is the british common sense? i dont recognise it within our decision making bodies.

it is shocking that the canary islands are on the list - i feel terribly sorry for anyone who had hols booked, and of course for the local business trying to start up again.