Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 87196 times)

Online nophead

Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2021 »
Advertisement
You basically can't go to Spain if you are not an EU resident at the moment.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #751 on: April 12, 2021 »
How is everyone

Seems quiet on here

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #752 on: April 12, 2021 »
Georgie, we are quietly avoiding and ignoring your annoying diatribe.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #753 on: April 13, 2021 »
Georgie, as you seem a mind of information or "something", can you tell me when It will be possible to go on holiday again ?.

I have just received an email warning me that the BBC have told us due to research by an Aussie using a Swiss cheese example, even being 90% vaccinated against covid is not safe, christ they will be telling us not to go out of our front door next.

This is from a country that has not allowed anybody in or out of their country for over a year, yes their covid figures may be great, but talking to my brother in law yesterday in Queensland, he has just been allowed out of his state to see his 1yr old grandson for the first time, he is the same age as myself 74 and he has not had a covid jab yet, god knows what will happen when one of these only 90% vaccinated people are allowed to enter Australia.

I also see that Shengen countries are still allowed to travel to each others countries although covid is still rife in many of them, but the UK are still not allowed & even when we will be, and we have had both jabs we will be required to get PCR tests, now looking for a holiday destination that welcomes us.   

Online nophead

« Reply #754 on: April 13, 2021 »
Once we are all vaccinated that is as good as it gets. If we then can't have our lives back I hope there will be a revolt to strip the government of these ridiculous powers.

I expect there will still be tens of thousands dying from it in the winter but they will need to build a health service big enough to cope with that. It was barely big enough to cope with a bad flu winter and was always stretched.  Now it needs to cope with the extra cases from covid.

Greece looks more welcoming for holidays than Spain at the moment. Places like NZ and Aus will either have to vaccinate all their populations and learn to live with it or stay isolated from the world with no tourist industry.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #755 on: April 13, 2021 »
According to my brother in law who worked as a guide in the the Aus tourist Dept, they can not afford to have no tourists, like many other countries they are losing 100s of millions in lost tourism revenue.

Nophead I don't think it is just our Government, they had to act because they got it wrong when the virus spread not locking down earlier, but it now appears the EU are showing their true colours because we left.

I also see the French are now going to let in anybody who is going to marry a French person, many in Brazil,India & South Africa are queing to go

Offline Georgie

« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2021 »
Can't we have a truce and you tell me how to post

Happy with that to discuss subjects and tell me what is winding you up

Cheers

Sounds very communist

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #757 on: April 13, 2021 »
When you say Ďcan we have a truceí then contradict that statement with Ďsounds like a communistí youíve answered your own question. Perhaps you should decide what you want to achieve posting on an informative website? Constantly asking for updates on developments in LG is useless to you unless you are about to travel to LG which you canít presently and you now state youíre going somewhere else, so what relevance is it to you? Itís counter productive to wind people up but you gain satisfaction from doing it. Your agenda is upsetting. Whatever your sexuality, youíve succeeded in upsetting quite a few people who to me offer invaluable information and advice. Weíve all come through awful times in the last twelve months so please before you post again, if you have any empathy, you are well aware how youíve provoked unhappy feelings on this website, so do please stop, itís not funny and itís quite unkind..

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #758 on: April 14, 2021 »
Georgie, I agree with everything Angiebabes says above, but I do have some sympathy for you as you have initiated several long running topics in the past. However, you have asked for advice so here is mine.

The problem seems to be that you always ask questions, sometimes repeatedly, without trying to find information for yourself.  You seldom, if ever, contribute any new information that is useful to anyone.  Your recent request for the status at the Lido on the "Updates" topic demonstrates that you don't make any real effort to find answers for yourself.  Google (other search engines are available) will allow you to research topics then post an update on topics for the interest and benefit of the rest of us.

I also suggest that you refrain completely from making inflammatory comments like "sounds like a Communist" regardless of what others may have said to you.  Rise above it!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021 by Tanemera »

Offline Georgie

« Reply #759 on: April 14, 2021 »
Good points thank you and respect your comments

Offline unhappy

« Reply #760 on: April 15, 2021 »
It is pointless trying to appease or discuss anything with this idiot, only 2 minutes before he posted saying he respected your comments he has posted another stupid question about myself.

Not only has "IT" accused me of being a communist, also some posh bloke who has never known the hard side of life, all totally inaccurate which I explained to "IT" not long ago, as far as I am concerned "IT" is a total waste of space & time on this site.

With "IT'S" countless posts, not one of them has been informative, just mindless question after question, the stupid point is they are repeated time & time again, please don't stop "IT" going somewhere other than Tenerife, "IT" can find their web site & bore the life of them.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #761 on: April 15, 2021 »
This is what I wrote back in November. Nothing has changed.

AWOL
[/quote]

Quite agree about insults but you have only been a member for less then a year so are not bored yet whilst some have been batting off his questions since 2016 when he joined. As stated above it is always a question and I cannot recall constructive advice about LG coming the other way. From someone who has supposedly  been visiting LG for 15 years or so he does not know much. He should be a fountain of knowledge by now.

You can check back on his questions should you get bored!!!!!!
[/quote]

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #762 on: April 15, 2021 »
AWOL and fellow forum participants - I fear we are being played for fools! This person, male or female, is deliberately baiting us to get a reaction and I am probably the most guilty of adding to Georgieís satisfaction when a reaction is achieved. Do you think if we all ignored this unfortunate person, eventually silence would prevail? As AWOL says after 15 years of supposedly travelling to LG , youíd think we would have a valued contributor, but itís clear either this person is intellectually challenged, or as several of us suspect, has an agenda which is at best unfortunate, at worst with malicious intent.

I shall try in future imbibing sufficient gin to so relax me that any posts by Georgie float past me in a cloud of alcohol ! Cheers!

Offline janey

« Reply #763 on: April 16, 2021 »
 i dont know if anyone remembers sebastian

Offline Mary

« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2021 »
Unfortunately yes Janey, I remember very well and the joy he must have got from being such an idiot.
 Iíve been saying for months that essentially Georgie is a troll, I do believe however that it is a wind up merchant who is a well known user on this board. Iím pretty sure I know who and itís not the first stunt theyíve pulled on here.
I really canít be bothered anymore, itís not even worth replying as itís exactly what they want, as I said a true troll, best ignored.

Online nophead

« Reply #765 on: Yesterday at 10:57 AM »
When I search for sebastian all I get a few posts asking if people remember him.  I don't because he must of been before I joined this harmonious group but why can't I find any posts by him. Did they get deleted?

Georgie has stated he is an essex boy, so not sure why people are unsure of his gender unless he is actually a bot.

Offline Mary

« Reply #766 on: Yesterday at 11:19 AM »
Think you would have to go back 2007 ish,doubt there is anything now

Online nophead

« Reply #767 on: Yesterday at 02:01 PM »
Although there are stats going back that far I can't find any messages earlier than 2017.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #768 on: Today at 09:46 AM »
"he" could be an Essex boy, all his posts are very childish.

Sebastian posted over a long period of time, in fact he left the site only to return some time later, then left for good, his posts were infuriating, but never dull, boring or repetitive.