Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 70348 times)

Offline SandyLea

Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2020 »
Advertisement
I'm sorry but I'm realistic. I've been watching lots of videos on youtube filmed over the last couple of weeks and it looks like a ghost town.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2020 »
SandyLea get that glass changed to half full as soon as possible.
We live here and have no problems about eating out.
I am talking about Santiago del Teide and it's coastal areas.
Get it booked.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2020 »
We are hopefully flying in just over a week. Jet2 seem more positive about flights going ahead than they were earlier in the year. Insurance sorted with Staysure, fantastic apartment waiting and every intention of supporting local businesses. Wearing a mask where required is a small price to pay. Time to stop the doom and gloom and return to some normality. Lots of places open from what my friends are telling me, whether in LG or LA.

Offline cs

« Reply #543 on: September 08, 2020 »
Well said Samijoe, I completely agree, we wonít be far behind you and if Jet2 arenít flying weíll book with Ryanair

Offline Georgie

« Reply #544 on: September 08, 2020 »
Good luck to all of you that are visiting

I wish I was but will wait until next year

Please let us know about any updates when you get there

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2020 »
Jet2 still advising flights from 13th scheduled to go ahead. Car hire prices with several companies higher than usual, much lower with others. Not daring to book one until last minute, but fingers crossed. Canít wait to get back.

Offline cs

« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2020 »
Try Cicar, just checked and they are cheaper than when we booked, you donít pay anything until you pick the car up and you can cancel by email at any time.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2020 »
Thank you, CS. We wonít need a car for September, unfortunately Jet2 have suspended flights until 26th!! So much for being optimistic . With todayís news from Boris and his scientific advisors my natural optimism is waning and we may decide that a holiday in LG 2020 is not happening.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2020 »
It's so sad and that is why I cancelled

I think things will get a lot worse until we find a vaccine

I have not been on the tube for 5 months now and do not fancy a flight

Sorry

Offline cs

« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2020 »
Ryanair are still flying

Offline blarer

« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2020 »
But the FCO aren't changing their stance on only essential travel.

Offline nophead

« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2020 »
But that is only advice, they are not stopping you at the moment. It does invalidate most insurance policies, but not all, and if you get problems there you can't get assistance from the FCO.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2020 »
Donít forget the caŮarŪan government have introduced their own insurance policy to cover purely for covid whilst on their islands. Also you have an EHIC card which will cover you for any emergency health needs until end of year if youíre not a pensioner.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2020 »
As for getting assistance from the FCO, don't hold your breath, like the Government & the airlines when we were stranded they were useless.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2020 »
From our experience in Tenerife, hospital doesn't take any notice of ehic, they ask for your credit card!

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2020 »
SandyLee Iím guessing that was either hospiten Sur or Quieron. In Mahon and Candelaria both state hospitals it is readily accepted as it is at health centres,  all run by the state.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #556 on: September 10, 2020 »
Sandylea

Totally agree and that is what happened a few years back

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #557 on: September 10, 2020 »
It was at state hospital quite a few years ago now.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #558 on: September 10, 2020 »
We were in the EU for more than a few years, as I have said before we were the only Country that adhered to the rules & the laws in the EU, thank god we are leaving.

I see they are rattling their chains again, don't they realize they are not dealing with D C or T M anymore they are dealing with Boris & the man is not for turning.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2020 »
Sandylea, then it was illegal! An EHIC card guarantees treatment reciprocal between participating countries and the cost passed to your country of residence. When my husband had Ä17000 worth of treatment in Candelaria I had to give EHIC and details of when and how long weíd been in Tenerife but that was it, three years ago. Iím sorry you had that experience but I know quite a few people who have been To the green clinic And wondered why theyíd not been treated with EHIC card.When in fact itís a private hospital. Admittedly it does take some state hospital patients who are Spanish residents, but that is an agreement between the state of Spain and hospiten Sur.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2020 »
El sombrero is still closed according to TripAdvisor

Thank god I cancelled October even though I regret it

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2020 »
?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2020 »
I was wondering how the local shopkeepers are doing and have any closed

Hopefully not

An update would be good please

Offline nophead

« Reply #563 on: September 19, 2020 »
The Old Guy Rules does tours around LG on camera every now and again. This is his latest one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sblnD6y3rlc

Very sad to see.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #564 on: September 19, 2020 »
Like in many other Countries, up a creek without a paddle, Georgie can you not take a hint, STOP posting stupid repetative questions.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #565 on: September 20, 2020 »
Here in LG, sun shining but thatís about the most normal thing about this wonderful village. Itís extremely quiet, as we thought it would be. Had a drink in Green Corner, quite busy, but have to book tables. Jardin del Sol open and food is as good as ever. Staff desperate for more customers/ tourists. Bars and restaurants in Alcala seem as busy as usual, and car parks there are full. Might be locals, but heard several different languages being spoken on beach and at beach bar. Very few people walking around so at least we have been able to remove masks for a few minutes at a time. Before anyone tells me thatís against the law, everyone does it !! We are so glad we came and encourage anyone thinking about taking a risk to go ahead and book.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #566 on: September 20, 2020 »
Thanks for the good bit of news well done

What is the marina like are the restaurants open

Offline nophead

« Reply #567 on: September 20, 2020 »
Did you not watch the video I posted a link to? It shows the harbour at night at the beginning.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020 by nophead »

Offline unhappy

« Reply #568 on: September 20, 2020 »
Samijoe, sounds great hopefully be out next month for a couple of weeks, unlike the other 2 idiots we want to support an area in the world that we have loved for over 30 years, let's hope we don't have any further lockdowns in either Country to stop us. "keep wearing the mask" and distance yourself.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #569 on: September 20, 2020 »
Unhappy, once you get here you will appreciate how the village is trying to keep things as pleasant as possible for visitors who genuinely care and want to keep coming back. Lots of maintenance work on Crab Island this afternoon and some increase in people walking around. Havenít been to Marina yet, Georgie, but will report on my findings!! The negative postings are not helpful to anyone.