Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 3832 times)

Offline unhappy

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2021 »
Advertisement
Nophead the longer this discussion goes on the more crap you spout, so everybody going for a swim turns up just in their cossies, no footwear, no clothes, no towel, no bag, get real you are just making excuses to suit your own ideals.

I never mentioned people on bikes or jogging look at the videos, you also posted in a previous post that most were not wearing masks, make your bloody mind up, one gets the impression you look at everything in Tenerife through rose tinted glasses.

Offline nophead

!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021 »
No what I am saying is people who swim in the sea must walk across the beach without a mask. The only time they can wear one is walking from the promenade to their designated spot and back again. But then what sense does it make if people can walk past them to the sea without a mask? Don't go to the beach if that worries you.

Again on paths for exercise a lot don't wear masks. What sense does it make if people can jog or cycle past you without one?

We follow the mask rules but they make no sense in situations like these outside. The vast majority wear them on normal streets in the towns but we also keep crossing the road to avoid passing people as we do at home, so the masks do nothing for us. And we wear the cheap crap ones, so we can breath, and they do very little anyway. If the rule was the same as the UK when you wear them only inside we would wear the surgical ones but we can't walk up steep hills in those.

Yesterday we saw a waiter in Martini wearing two masks. A cloth one over a surgical one. Today the BBC said it was a good idea for high risk activities like shopping for groceries!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021 »
What is a normal street ???, "Don't go for a swim",  well don't walk up steep hills.

You like others seem to miss the point of wearing a mask, it is to safeguard others not yourself, it has been medical proven it is the airborne droplets that carry for long distances that cause the vast number of infections.

My wife & myself have had the jab over 3 weeks ago so we are pretty safe now, but we will still be wearing our masks it is what responsible people do, to try & stop the spread of the virus, should we catch it.

Offline nophead

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2021 »
A normal street in the town with shop and bars. Not the footpath to Alcala or the beach promenades.

Yes I know what masks are for but if you are outside and can keep distance they are pointless and impractical in many situations.

We can't avoid walking up steep hills be because we live high up, so the way home from the coast is always a 400ft climb.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2021 »
Most of the beach promenades have restaurants, bars & shops just lock at LG, PS & PA let alone all those in the south.

Taxis are cheap you would be helping the local trade as well, OH I forgot you like to watch your pennies, sounds like just a lot of excuses to me.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2021 »
Are the British papers still available to buy?

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2021 »
Only Daily Mail at present.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2021 »
Guess that's always had the biggest circulation!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2021 »
I stopped reading the mail because it was winding me up

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2021 »
I get it for the wife, call it FeMAIL, I tend to read THE FUN, and the TORYGRAPH. Now you know where I get my moderate views from!

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2021 »
Getting the Vaccine this Thursday, and the follow up on 26th May. My wife has not heard yet, but as she is only a few months younger I imagine next week. So should be good to go in June for a visit if allowed.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021 »
Good news, do you know which jab you are getting, we had our first almost 6 weeks ago, but no date for our second one. I went to our GPs yesterday & asked if they have a date for the second one as AZ recommend within 12 weeks, I was informed it was up to the Government, my reply was the government were not AZ.

It is odd that all our friends with different GPs all had their first jab AZ weeks after ours & also have been given dates for the second one, also my sister had her first one Phizer Christmas Eve with a date for the second one 3 weeks later which was cancelled & she still has not had the second one.

It could be that the governments joined up writing is still not working properly.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2021 »
Unhappy, don't know what vaccine yet! I got a NHS letter yesterday morning, and told me to book vaccine online. Using my NHS No. and date of birth. So the site gave me a few options on locations then appointment for first jab, then asked me to book 2nd jab. I don't think the site allows you to book first jab only without 2nd jab appointment! So for you definitely chase up!
WWW.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination

Offline nophead

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2021 »
My sister in-law in her early 60's got hers yesterday and had to make an appointment for the second one in ten weeks.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2021 »
If you book your first jab via website or 119 you will also be given 2nd appointment whilst booking first. However if you are given appointment by doctor surgery you wonít be given second appointment automatically because some surgeries are not certain of availability

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2021 »
We have had the jab, it was the Astrazeneca vaccine. Rule Britannia!!
The Derby is on. Because they are moving the facility from Epsom RC in May to Sandown Race Course.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2021 »
Were getting 2nd Jab late May, so thinking booking Sqeezy Jet say 2 weeks later to Tenerife, mid June, looks like they are showing a near to normal flight list. It's cheap obviously at moment! Any thoughts, is it to soon to book/take a chance?

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2021 »
Iím looking and tempted by very cheap flight out of Bournemouth mid June - then I stop and wonder......... then I see Cyprus and Portugal on board with testing or jabs for admittance and canít help but think spain and especially Canaries just canít afford not to have tourism back this year. Having said that, I still havenít booked yet!

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2021 »
I agree! And we are safe tourists so to speak. Vaccined and of a certain age! I will think over the weekend, and probably book a mid June flight next week. Posative thinking not spelling has got thus far.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 11:07 AM »
Depends how cheap they are, we had flights booked for December £16.00 each, but they then brought in the PCR test requirements and as the flight was AM Tuesday morning it was impossible to get the test & results in the 72 hour time frame. So we just fortfited the flight, not much to lose.