Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Wine Bar  (Read 4411 times)

john

Wine Bar
« on: May 05, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Having just returned from Los Gigantes I feel I must comment on the entertainment at the Wine Bar. It is more in keeping with Blackpool Tower. The organist is shocking and will only deter customers away. If the Wine Bar is going to succeed changes must be made

poolepirate

Re: Wine Bar
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • They had a saxophonist playing last evening who sounded great, even my young son agreed that he was playing good music.

You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

the real world

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I would like to reply to john's post about the winebar. John everybody has individual tastes, and coincedentally i was in blackpool tower 2 weeks ago and he is right the organist does sound like the one there,but the clientele looked very much like the winebar clientele at this time of year, semi-retired or retired and definitely not looking for a MEATLOAF or CHER tribute act blasting out while they enjoy the food from our terrace.The music is background music to accompany diners it is not an after dinner cabaret act we reccomend T'J's or DOMINGO's for this facility.The Winebar clearly know's it's niche and place in the village and while john say's it will need to change to suceed it has succeded for nearly 8 years.The winebar has changed location but the staff and concept has not changed from day 1.
    So john while it may be not your cup of tea, we cater within the niche we have created for ourselves and unfortunately sometimes it does not please everybody but we try. p.s negoiating for sven to accompany organist through the summer.

Offline Mr Max

• Old Hand
    « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I happen to know a rather good cocktail pianist who would be happy to stand in and give your punters a change - she scrubbs up well too!

northernboy

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I would like to reply to john's post about the winebar. John everybody has individual tastes, and coincedentally i was in blackpool tower 2 weeks ago and he is right the organist does sound like the one there,but the clientele looked very much like the winebar clientele at this time of year, semi-retired or retired and definitely not looking for a MEATLOAF or CHER tribute act blasting out while they enjoy the food from our terrace.The music is background music to accompany diners it is not an after dinner cabaret act we reccomend T'J's or DOMINGO's for this facility.The Winebar clearly know's it's niche and place in the village and while john say's it will need to change to suceed it has succeded for nearly 8 years.The winebar has changed location but the staff and concept has not changed from day 1.
    So john while it may be not your cup of tea, we cater within the niche we have created for ourselves and unfortunately sometimes it does not please everybody but we try. p.s negoiating for sven to accompany organist through the summer.

Why Only Sven you might as well have the have his two sidekicks make a good trio, just dont let the doctor know  :D
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2008 by northernboy »

poolepirate

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • They have a pianist on tonight-nothing like variety.

Good luck to them.

RAMBO

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I think The Real World needs to get into the Real World. Domingo?s and TJs for entertainment, give me Blackpool Tower anyday.  The only decent Entertainment Bar is The Irish Bar (Highland Paddy) opposite the Green Corner. At least the Acts in there are British, can sing and are different every night. If I hear another Spanish Singer trying to sing Unchained Melody (in Spanglish) I just might slash my wrists !

Offline janey

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • hear, hear rambo!!  there is a brill singer on sunday nts at highland paddys called lee st lawrence, he is fantastic.  there were a couple of irish guys on at route 66 on a friday nt that were excellent too but they havent been the last few weeks......  no offence to the regular bands but it would be great to have more new singers around..... 8)

RAMBO

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Your not wrong Janey. I have heard Lee St Lawrence too and he is excellent. I believe he is up for Best Newcomer at the Tenerife Entertainment Awards later this month and with a voice like his, i?ll be suprised if he doesn?t win it.

cheekygirl

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • i think all of us in los gigs need to lift our game and there is no real place for blackpool entertainment on a spanish island off the coast of africa.  Come on everybody let's put los gigs and tenerife on the map as an individual place which caters for the type of clients that come here

Brookiree

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • What about Alexander McRae, he is a fantastic performer and used to pack Paddys out.  Hopefully he is still entertaining there.

Offline janey

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • if you are there anytime soon go and support lee st lawrence! ;D

Brookiree

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Coming out Tuesday, certainly will go and see what he is like.

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Your not wrong Janey. I have heard Lee St Lawrence too and he is excellent. I believe he is up for Best Newcomer at the Tenerife Entertainment Awards later this month and with a voice like his, i?ll be suprised if he doesn?t win it.

For those interested here are the results from the TEA's

Best Band - Kick

Best Compere - Mike Carlton

Best Female Singer - Karen Kennedy

Best Radio DJ - Joe Ferguson, Oasis FM

Best Newcomer - We Will Rock You

Best Variety Act - Bitter and Twisted

Best Male Singer - Michael Graham

Best Comedy Act - Katy Kennedy

Best Group - The Wild Boys

Best Tribute Act - Paul Stone (Billy Idol)

Outstanding Contribution - Crystal Starr

Offline janey

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Awww.... what a shame for lee.  he deserved it!  :-* maybe next year! x well done bitter and twisted!