I think LG hotel should be forced to revert to its former status, ie family friendly. Yes, price it so the "masses" cannot afford it if thats what you want, but open it to all as it was.
I think this is a great idea. Why not force The Los Gigantes Hotel to drive away its loyal client base so it can be as unsuccessful as all the other businesses? And while we're at I've got a few more laws we could enforce.
1) Have you ever been down in the village and seen the same frozen food trucks delivering to what seems like ALL the restaurants? Doesn't anyone believe in fresh meat or fish anymore? The trucks should be banned and if spotted, hijacked, unloaded and their goods floated into the ocean to prevent the melting of the glaciers,
2) While strolling past the Bamboo the other day I spotted an empty cardboard box sitting on the side of the street. It had contained Yorkshire puddings. I never knew you could buy Yorkshire pudding by the dozen in a single box. From the location, I assume it came from CK's. In any case the culprit who dares sell such a product in a restaurant should be forced to eat an entire box of them soaked in Bisto gravy.
3) Speaking of Bisto Gravy, any chef too lazy to make his own gravy should be forcibly given amphetamines to wake him up.
4) Ever wonder how bars and restaurants that do not have a proper oven can serve roast chickens as well as Sunday lunches? So did I until one day in Iceland, I spotted "Beef in a Bag". Anyone caught serving such an abomination to the public should have the bag placed over his head and wrapped tightly around his neck.
5) Speaking of Iceland, has anyone noticed that many of the ready to serve meals sold at Iceland end up on local menus? How about we make these business owners spend a night in Iceland's freezer? Sadly , it might get overcrowded.
6) The owners of Harrods, the most overpriced supermarket on the planet, should be allowed to continue to laugh all the way to the bank. I suggest the West Bank.
7) Any business that uses the word "only" improperly as in "Coffee and a scone only ?3.50," should be forced to memorize the entire Oxford English Dictionary in a week. Should they fail, they must be required to use the dictionary in lieu of loo paper. I suggest the Cd rom version.
8)Any establishment that changes the recommended prices on the Nestl? and Kalise ice cream boards, must attire themselves in striped pajamas. Anyone who does so in clumsy fashion, should wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner. After all you don't want customers to know how much you're ripping them off.
9) Any restaurant that sells wine that cost them less than ?1.30 should have listening devices installed in their premises. If they are ever overheard taking any pride whatsoever in their business, they must be immediately struck down by a bolt of lightning from the lord.
10) Any bar that sells a bottle of Dorada for more than ?1.30 ( the Spanish bars sell it for less) must have their license to sell European beers rescinded. They must only be permitted to sell Budweiser. They should be allowed to Budweiser any price if they can find anyone silly enough to drink it.
11) Any restaurant owner that raises his prices over Christmas should have a Christmas tree shoved --well you know what I mean. I know the punters are trapped and they have to eat somewhere, but it is Christmas.
12) Dual pricing should be a serious felony. What is more annoying than learning that the you are paying more than customer sitting next to you simply because you are a tourist. Even I cannot think up a harsh enough punishment for this crime.
13) Finally, anyone that marks up local spirits 15X's and then pretends to offer 2 for the price of one, should have to chug a litre of local cheap local gin.