Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: tamaimo tropical  (Read 5204 times)

joprice15

tamaimo tropical
« on: August 19, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Could anyone please tell me of any other hotels that are up to scratch in the area, I am hearing more and more bad things about this hotel, the entertainment is rubbish, cockroaches everywhere, security bad and the rep's not available. I have paid over ?3500 for this hotel and I really don't think it is going to be up our satisfaction. please help????? thanks jo

joprice15

tamaimo tropical
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Does anyone know of a decent hotel in the area, I am hearing more and more horror stories about the above hotel, cockroches, not very good security, entertainment rubbish. I am spending alot of money on this holiday and now dreading coming? jo.

RAMBO

Re: tamaimo tropical
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • The Tamaimo Tropical hotel is ok, not the best but by no means the worst. However just around the one way system, 200 yards away, is the best hotel in the area, Barcelo Santiago. 2 years ago this Hotel underwent a 6 Million referb, including a Spa, and apart from the lack of umbrella's, I have not heard a bad word about it.

orange

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • joprice15 has already paid the money to stay at the Tamaimo Tropical.

There are some poor reviews - but the Security is present outside the front on busy nights.
    Supermarket over the road does a good selection of insect sprays, traps etc.

Its a funny area down there, the shopping centre (behind TT) is past its sell by date and
    is on the shoddy side.

The Barcelo Santiago need to get their umbrella's sorted out as well - people setting
     their alarms to get one - then going back to bed...

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008 by orange »

t l c

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I have just noticed that joprice has stated that she has paid ?3500.00 for her stay - that seems an awful lot of money for this hotel, how many is in the party and for how long ?? For that kind of money I would try and get a change to the Barcelo Santiago as I'm sure it won't be much more to stay there and it is a better hotel. As for the teenagers they might get a little bored, obviously depending on their age and how much freedom they are allowed on holiday, I know you mentioned your past holidays had been in the Los Christianos area where there is more to do there than in this area for teeangers.

orange

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • There are no real places for teenagers to roam in this area - or even Los Gigantes.

Its not anti-teenager, thats what the place is like.

magsnmike

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • If you have chosen this area for your holiday then Tamaimo Tropicale is fine for teenagers.  The pools are big enough to keep them entertained all day along with the pool table and the tennis courts.  Down the steps near El Timon is great for teenagers, common sense prevailing. 

I think if your teenagers have different views where they think that they are going to clubs until the early hours of the morning supervised or not, then you need to rethink about staying in LG/PS and Arena.

orange

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • What happens down the steps by El Timon that is great for teenagers?

I just don't think that this particular area or LG in general has enough
    activity out on the Streets to be attractive for Teenagers.

There is not even an amusement arcade type place.

If they are happy with Tamaimo Tropical then fine.

Offline maps

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • So what goes on down the steps?
     I wish I was a teenager again
    the girls didn?t drop they?re knickers so easily in those days  :o
    EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP, I THANK THE LORD I'M WELSH

Offline janey

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • tamaimo is ok, barcelo is better. i think you are paying a lot of money for tamaimo actually!!

teenagers - i agree with mags and mike, it depends what they want. nightclubs, foam partys, giant cocktails for 10 to share for 3 euros..... got to be las americas! not here!,

but, for bars, restaurants, swimming in the rock pools (thats what goes on at the bottom of el timon steps, sorry to disappoint you!), tennis courts, boat trips, chilling out, its fine!! and safe..... 

it depends on what your teenagers want to do.......but, there are quite a few around during the school hols.

magsnmike

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Not all teenagers want arcade games etc. Why not open their minds to the area and what it has to offer.  Taking them to see Masca and Teide, an old fashioned day on the beach playing in the sea. relaxing reading a book.   When there are other teenagers for them to make friends with in my experience they are quite happy to chat together and compare notes and really no more.   

amunette

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • LOL @ magsmike, sorry!!! A day at the beach "playing" in the sea?!!!! I do not know how many teens you know, but the mere mention of "playing" like kiddies in the sea would earn you at best a severe sulking at, at worst a mouthful of scorn, if you suggested it to any self-respecting teen I know!! As for Masca/Teide, I can hear the "boring" groans from here LOL.

Sorry, but most teens do like arcades, discos etc, anything that seperates them from the adults. Agree on the chat thing but they need somewhere to do it.

Offline maps

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • teenages
    give them some windows to smash or a phone box to wreck
    and they will be more than happy
    EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP, I THANK THE LORD I'M WELSH

Offline janey

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • maps!!!! discraceful!! i have teenage boys -several of them and they have never wrecked a phone box yet!! nor do they visit arcades..

they do,

get a taxi into las americas maybe a couple of times for a night out, but, that isnt all that it used to be

read a few books and chill out

go and play tennis

go to barcelo santiago  where there is usually quite a group of teenagers to get to know

they like los gigantes and there are bars which they can stay in for a bit of a laugh until the early hours - not being a teenager means you are not privvy to them!!!!!!

i guarantee teenagers soon find something going on - and it isnt all illegal!!!! ;D

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Could anyone please tell me of any other hotels that are up to scratch in the area, I am hearing more and more bad things about this hotel, the entertainment is rubbish, cockroaches everywhere, security bad and the rep's not available. I have paid over ?3500 for this hotel and I really don't think it is going to be up our satisfaction. please help????? thanks jo

Bit of a strange way of going about choosing a holiday destination.  Paying ?3.5k then afterwards seeking some knowledge about the place.  Better to have done some homework first me thinks !!
    I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

orange

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Teenagers on holiday need something a little more instant. A sense of excitement and expectation.

You will not find that in the Tamaimo Tropical area or LG itself.

It would be a good place to bring teenagers who were studying for an upcoming exam.

Offline janey

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • i can see you havent had teenagers in the last couple of years orange!!  exam revision time - they need to be at home with all their resources.

i agree there isnt loads of clubs, arcades, and wall to wall activities BUT not all teenagers need this - stop taking the media's idea of teenagers and trying to apply it to teens in general!

mine are nice kids, they are normal, have good social lives at home, lots of friends, can string a few sentences together at once - as long as it isnt before 10am and most of my peers teenagers are the same.  they wouldnt thank you for putting them in las americas either!

orange

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • It depends on the examination, laptop and books required etc.

It is the study peace and quiet I am on about. The lack of distraction, there has been a previous suggestion of book reading.

I am talking holidays here and teenage enjoyment.  An area to explore to discover that enjoyment and diversion.

The drowning of several people in the area of the El Timon steps and rock pools does need to be pointed out as well.

magsnmike

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I stand by comment "playing in the sea". Any beach holiday you go on you find teenagers playing, messing about, swimming in the sea, Arena and LG included and you see them having a fantastic time.

The self respecting teenagers I know would never offer a mouthful of scorn!!!! 

joprice15

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • My teenagers are fine they do enjoy going to the beach and visiting lots of places.  I actually booked with thomas cook so you would expect the hotel to be okay, it was after reading the reviews that put me off.  I have visited the island a dozen times and will expect the same expectations i have stayed in before.  So doing my homework should be justified.

The Barcelo Santiago is classed as a spa and is very expensive, I have already tried to swap, but thomas cook were going to change me extra.