Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Tamaimo Tropical  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Dolly Diver

Tamaimo Tropical
« on: August 13, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I have rec'd an email from Jo. Can anyone answer her question.

Hi,  we are coming over in december can you tell me if the tamaimo aparthotel is okay to stay.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2008 by Dolly Diver »

TraceyRich

Re: Tamaimo Tropical
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Hi Jo

My partner and I have stayed there twice. Its okay in there. Lots of kids though! but nice facilities and nice rooms. You'll be fine in there. Some nice restaurants and bars in the surrounding area of Santiago too.

Tracey

joprice15

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • THATS GOOD TO HEAR, I have been reading some reviews on the trip advisor website, which scared me half to death, I was thinking of changing, we spend alot of time in tenerife this is the first time we have come away from the los cristianos area.  Don't  mind the kids so much having two of my own, but they are teenagers and was quite worried that they may get bored.

Any more news let me know

Jo price

BL

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Tamaimo is a good choice if you have children and teens as they have a lot of organised events and happy children mean happy adults!!! All too often you see bored youngsters whose parents have brought them to residential apartments where there is obviously not a lot for them to do and have very strict Community Rules against ball bouncing, shouting etc. This is a lovely area of Tenerife and I'm sure you'll enjoy your holiday very much.

Falstaff

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Trip Advisor, Holiday Watchdog and Holidays Uncovered are usually fairly good indicators of quality. However, you can get clusters of really bad reviews about really good hotels. Some  people appear to have an axe to grind about insignificant  problems and they seem to get them out of all proportion. They have a stronger motivation  for posting their views than those of us who have had a really good holiday.

The thing to do is to look at what the majority of posters say and disregard those which are clearly out of step, particularly where comments are over the top, such as:

?I wouldnt  recomend the hotel to my worst enemy. Holiday from Hell.?
     (Los Gigantes Hotel).

TraceyRich

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Just make sure you walk round to Los Gigantes. It's the best village ever in Tenerife and it'd be a shame for you to miss it. Just head for the big white hotel that you'll be able to see from Tamaimo - lovely restaurants and caberet bars (ensure you visit the Green Corner; Jo and her girls) and the harbour. It's lovely.

I never take any notice of those comments watchdog things. What a bad experience for one isn't always the same for someone else. You have to just go to wherever your going and make your own mind up. TT is fine though; you'll have a great time.

Tracey

t l c

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • We have stayed there in the past with no problems, it's basic and clean, but last week I did have to help a family find accomodation as they hated it and found it very very noisy, there had been a few thefts (which you can get ANYWHERE) so just be aware and lock your valuables away. There is security on the site but as I said everywhere can be broken into if they want to get in. As I said I have stayed there and didn't mind it but dont expect 4 star.

POOKYBLUE

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • My sister has stayed in these apartments twice and she reckons they are fine. The first time she turned up they gave her an awful room but she went straight down to reception and they accommodated her to another room which was really lovely. I would definitely stay there, well, give it a try and I'm one of the fussiest people I know on accommodation. Have a fantastic holiday x

Carole

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • We stayed at the TT on our first visit to the area, which was about 12 years ago.  It was before the complex was extended.  My main gripe was about the sunbeds.  I don't know if it's still the same but they used to chain them up overnight and they were unlocked at 8.00am on the dot.  Even before that time, people had laid their towels out on the ground to save their space!  We couldn't be bothered with all that palavar and so started going over to Los G to the lido's and that was the beginning of a love affair with the village that has brought us back at least once (usually twice) a year since.  It was a bit noisy as the rooms and balconies are quite close together but it is in a good position and many more facilities have been built around it since we stayed there.