Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Siam Park  (Read 11170 times)

Caroline

Siam Park
« on: July 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Hi - does anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy Siam Park tickets?  I've been looking online and there are a plethora of intermediaries selling tickets for varying prices - the choice is mind boggling.  They are all offering tickets for cheaper than the current gate price and I checked on the Siam Park official website and these middle men are selling the tickets at a discount.  But are they legitimate tickets?  I'd prefer to buy them before I go as I believe you can FastTrack the queues, but obviously don't want to go all that way to find I've been sold dodgy tickets.  I'd have a very disgruntled son on my hands!

Also if anyone's been there and has any advice on what to expect (good/bad) I'd be really grateful.  I remember being annoyed after going to the Octopus park a few years ago (before Siam opened) as the whole thing was a complete rip-off with extra charges for nearly everything (sunbeds, inflatables, lockers etc etc).

BTW, I'm super excited as I'll be back in LG at the end of this month. Counting the minutes!!   :)

Thanks

turtle lyn

Re: Siam Park
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • hi friends went friday  very long ques  only got on two big rides ? try TENERIFE SHINESUN HOILDAYS  VERY GOOD TRAVEL AGENTS HERE IN LOSGIGANTES   HAVE LOTS OF DEALS TO OFFER  AND DISCOUNT   HOPE IT HELPS 

parrapa

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Were looking to go sometime next week - can anyone suggest when may be the best time to go?  Ideally dont want to spend all day in a que!

poolepirate

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Get fast track ticket when you are there-easy! It worked well last week. Or rent a cabin, you get unlimited fast track only ?400 euros for 4.

parrapa

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • nice one thanks didnt know they did fast track but that will do nicely  :)

Caroline

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • We gave it a miss in the end after hearing reports from people we met while on hols (more than one family told us exactly the same thing).  They told us about rip-off ridiculous prices for fast tracking, which you had to do otherwise you would queue forever to get on the popular rides - also said there was very little shade to be had. 

poolepirate

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I do not find the charge for fast track a rip off, very reasonable I would say. There was plenty of shade if you looked for it-not hard to find. Umbrellas everywhere.

You missed a treat. Fancy going all the way to Tenerife and missing one of the highlights on hearsay!

Offline will

• regular contributor
    « Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Is it me or is 400Euros not a lot on top of the entrance charge for a family of four?

poolepirate

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • No! ?400 is for entrance as well as use of the cabin.

Fast track is ?15 for an hour. In reality it gives you two goes on each of the most popular rides as fast track, except for the Tower of Power.

My point is that expense is relative.

Admittance and the use of all rides and facilitries is ?32, and even if you pay for three hours fast track the total cost is a lot less than a seat at a Premier League football match.

Why go all the way to Tenerife and complain when things are expensive (relative to wealth)when you could stay at home and do the same?

Offline mrswisheywashey

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • 400 euros is an awful lot of money to pay for one day out, how many families with young children can seriously afford that, then lunch ice creams drinks etc on top probably at extorcionate prices as well.

t l c

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Theme parks in the UK are also very expensive for families (and you can't guarantee the weather), by the time you've had meals. treats etc etc you will have spent a fortune. NOTHING is cheap anywhere these days, not of you want good quality entertainment and top class theme parks.

Caroline

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I do not find the charge for fast track a rip off, very reasonable I would say. There was plenty of shade if you looked for it-not hard to find. Umbrellas everywhere.

You missed a treat. Fancy going all the way to Tenerife and missing one of the highlights on hearsay!

I hear you, but we saw a lot of other highlights and as we heard the same things about Siam Park from more than one group we decided it wasn't for us on this occasion.  We didn't want to use up a day of our precious 14 on something that sounded like it might end up being a waste of a day.  Maybe we'll try it next year.

Offline will

• regular contributor
    « Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • 100 Euros for one day per person still to me seems expensive.A Flexi ticket in Florida is ?210 per person for a two week pass for SIX PARKS .

Poolpirate must be loaded or he is cashing in his Gold with the price being at record levels to get a fast pass for Siam Park.Also are there many

residents of LG still fit enough for a day out on the slides?I am lucky to get as far as the Bamboo for Happy Hour and it is down hill to get there.

poolepirate

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Let us get this straight.

Admittance to Siam Park is ?32 non resident adult, ?21 non resident child under 12. All rides included.

Fast track one hour ?15, you can buy more hours.

The private log cabins are a VIP luxury at ?400 for 4 people maximimum for one day. I quote their website:

Private Cabanas (Phuket, Chaing Mai and Rataburi) for up to 4 people are available for hire during park opening hours for a really special day out. A cabana permits them to park entrance for 4 people, a private caba?a for the day, fast pass to all the attractions, Siam Park tubes and a limited all inclusive service including the menu in the Beach Bar, Beach Club, Thai Bar and Thai House Restaurants plus Water, Softdrinks, Beer and Wine.

Each cabana includes 4 sunbeds, a shower on the terrace, towels, fan, sofa, TV and a minibar with refreshments, beer and snacks.

It is case of you pay what you can afford but are assured of a great day out for your money. Try to go on change over days Tuesday or Friday.

This is the last I will post on this topic as I feel I have given as comprehensive an answer as I can!

Offline will

• regular contributor
    « Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you Poolpirate for your excellent reply.
    My remarks were tongue in check but joking aside I would like more people to visit our island
    and more people especially young families to visit our little corner of the island.

I first came to LG with my young family over 30 years and we are still here .If any young families
    are on line come to our area with an open mind and enjoy.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011 »
  • Publish
  •  ;) Thanks for the breakdown Poolepirate, but don't you get fed up swimming in that anorak.