Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Fish Spa  (Read 7321 times)

BL

Fish Spa
« on: May 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Spent an interesting 15mins in the Fish Spa that has opened down by the harbour..... It's a fun experience and I would highly recommend it.
    It's good to see the harbour area looking lively, and the back path to the beach has been spruced up as well.

peacec

Re: Fish Spa
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Is the harbour and beach area busier since the beach has re-opened? What has happened to the businesses on the road up to beach?  Has Jessi's re-opened?

turtle lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • shops on beach road are shut down  jessies not open but doe s look smart , only busy down harbour yesterday as they are filming down there and at sea CLASH OF THE TITANS 2 , so just people trying  to have alook apart from that its quiet over here 

Offline cs

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • fish spa?? is it a garra rufa fish pedicure? I do hope so,  I often go in the UK and can highly recommend it

Offline janey

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • yes it is. went earlier this week. well worth avisit.
    just stop the cars parking along the quayside, let the cafe bars spread the tables out down towards the water and it could be cracking.

Caroline

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I'm interested in trying out the fish pedicure but I'm so ticklish (and a bit worried about fish nibbling me tootsies!!).  What does it feel like?  A fish spa has just opened in my home town but have been too afraid to go in and try it out.

Offline cs

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I would describe it as ticklish but not unbearably so, give it a go you'll never know till you try it

Caroline

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • As there's one in LG, perhaps I'll give it a go when I come in July - I've heard such good things about the result you get when you have it done.  Might have to visit a nearby bar to get some Dutch courage first though!!

BL

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • It is a very relaxing experience....it doesn't tickle....no dutch courage needed!!! I really hope the business is a success. they don't advertise in the local papers so I think it's a case of 'spreading the word'.
    Just one word of advice....there is a less expensive rate for sharing a tank with a partner (2? cheaper than having your own tank), if your partner's feet are more tasty the fish would be attracted to them leaving you with a few fish nibbling yours!

Even in your own tank it is less expensive than in the UK.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 by BL »

Offline Julie Scott

• Old Hand
    « Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • is it hygenic though?? have worries about how clean the water is??  Would be intereting to try it... Caroline.... i'll be there in July too... might see you at the fish spa... !!

Julie
     xx

BL

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Can I just assure you that I have extremely high standards where health, safety and hygiene are concerned.

Assessing the premises before and during my visit I can say that it would meet all standards for this type of business.

Offline Julie Scott

• Old Hand
    « Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Thats good to know CL. Just obvious concern re them reusing the water after someone has just had their feet in doesn't hold good with me... will have to go and have a try and put my mind to rest.... Have seen loads of shops in the uk advertising these fish but the above reason always puts me off abit.... but will be brave ..... am gonna try it when i come over, might do my feet some good with all the heat and walking etc.... any ideas on how much it is please CL ??

Thanx

Julie x

The PM

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Its great,properly run,clean and hygienic, a full story will be up on the local news tomorrow.

BL

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I don't know who CL is but I thought I'd answer anyway!!!!
    The water in the tank is filtered continuously and the fish are fed/looked after as tropical fish would be in any aquatic centre.
    Towels are used by one person and then put in the laundry bin....there are loads of clean towels stacked on shelves.
    Everyone has to wash their feet prior to using the tank.
    8? of 14? if sharing for 15mins.
    Do give it a go....it's just good to see something different in LG.

Offline Julie Scott

• Old Hand
    « Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Sorry BL... slight slip of the finger!!

Will deffo try it when we come over in July... will look forward to it.... 

Thanx

Julie

The PM

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • as promised follow this link to the news story http://losgigantes.com/news

Caroline

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • That was a good read and very informative - thank you for posting the link.  I too am definitely going to give this a try when I come in July - it's much cheaper in LG than here in the UK.