Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Fiesta Puerto de Santiago From 7th - 9th Septiembre 2012  (Read 1790 times)

Offline DaRKeTaMiN

• regular contributor
  • I speak my mind. I never mind what I speak.
    • Tenerife Guide
Fiesta Puerto de Santiago From 7th - 9th Septiembre 2012

Program of events

Friday 7th of September 2012.
10:00. Arrival of Radio Curbelo who enliven the festivities.
18:00. Tournament of Dominos and Spanish cards games in La Plaza restaurant.
21:30. Festival tribute to the founders of the Fiesta, presented by Jaime Hernandez, with performances by:
                    - The Bornolero singer, winner of Lluvia de Estrella on TVE (spanish tv) imitating Manolo Escobar.
                    - And the great performance of the artist Josefina Aleman and  Mencey Mariachi Azteca.
Ending with dancing to the Los Concejales orchestra.

Saturday 8th of September 2012.
11:00. Traditional Parrandas (drums and lots of noise) around the bars and streets of the town with:
                    - Los Imposibles
                    - Recordar es vivir
21:30. Great Festival Fiesta Santiago 2012, presented by Tina León, with the Spanish comedian Manolo Vieira.
Ending with dancing to theMalibú Band and New Corinto Band orchestras.

Sunday 9th of September 2012.
11:00. Activities for children in the public square of Puerto de Santiago with workshops, traditional games and handcrafts with prizes for the winners.
16:00. Mass at the port celebrated by Reverend Don Juan Andrés Vargas Molina and sung by Parranderos de Tágara.

Then a procession through the streets accompanied by Local Authorities, Reverend, and the folk group Atabara of Realejos.

On arrival in the public square, food offering with the virgin, enlivened by the folk group Amazig.

We invite all residents to bring non-perishable food, which will be donated to Caritas for those in need.

Followed by performances of Pepe Benavente and Maikel Jimenez in the square.

During the dance the next years committee 2013 will be appointed.

Offline dablar

• Old Hand
Second weekend in September so it must be Fiesta Chica in Puerto de Santiago, one of my favourites, and the great Malibu band on Saturday night, but I'll be in England. Roll on Carnaval.