Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Exchange rate  (Read 3880 times)

Annie

Exchange rate
« on: March 05, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Coming out in 3 weeks. What sort of exchange rate is being given at the moment in Los G?. It seems to fluctuate here at Marks and Spencer from about 104 to 108 euro to the pound . I usually bring a fair amount of currency with me but wondered if it was worth waiting  until I arrive. I normally get it from the shop near the Sports centre. That always seemed to give the best exchange rate in the village. Is it still operating?   

Offline Edward Bear

Re: Exchange rate
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Annie, the rate this morning was 1.o8. If you come over with a bundle of cash please be careful at the airport as pickpockets are about.

magsnmike

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • We used a cash card at the bank in LG when we were out at New Year and got a reasonable rate. Safer than carrying a lot of cash. 

Annie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Thanks for the tip about the pickpockets We will certainly be very careful. The trouble is I have always felt so safe in Tenerife and Los Gigantes but obviously things have changed due to current circumstances so we now must be extra wary. :( :(

orange

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • ALL UK Change Bureaux have upped their rake (profit).

That is the fixed percentage taken off the Bank exchange rate.

Falstaff

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • When currency speculators  expect currencies to rise or fall, it usually happens. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because they are the ones doing the buying and selling. It looks like the Euro is due for a significant devaluation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/4958831/Overvalued-euro-set-to-plunge-within-months.html

orange

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • The pound is so weak at this time that any revaluation of the Euro is unlikely
    to have any affect on it. There is more faith in the Euro then the Pound.

The Travel Exchange Rate is running very flat and ? 1.03 at M&S (High Street Marker).

Cash Cards such as the Nationwide will be charging very soon (Visa).

This is not so much the credit crunch but the credit punch...