Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Car Hire 3000.com  (Read 8798 times)

Offline typo

• regular contributor
Car Hire 3000.com
« on: August 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Anyone used the above car hire company advertised on the home page? If so any comments appreciated please

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
    Re: Car Hire 3000.com
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Never actually used them. Have found their quotes expensive when compared to Auto Reisen, Cicar etc.

t l c

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • They are an international company - I've used them many times in the UK and never had any probs.

Offline mrs kipling

• regular contributor
    « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • We've always found them very good, not dear at all.

Offline Davymar

• Old Hand
    « Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • We landed at the North airport and chose to hire a car for two weeks, we used Gold cars, a new Fiat Panda. Cost for two weeks turned out to be 240 euros, it was advertised at 210 euros but the insurance exess was a little misleading hence we paid 240. I would use them again, the price included pick up and return to the airport, very good service.

webbie

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Typo, have you made a Typo.

You say has anyone used the above car hire company advertised on the home page? If so any comments appreciated please

Car Hire 3000.com is not advertised on the home page - Rent a car Santiago is ??????????

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Typo means as advertised via the home page.

From the home page let your cursor hover over "Los Gigantes" from the list on the left hand side, select "car rental" from drop down menu list which brings up the appropriate page which not only shows Santiago and  Carhire 3000 but also Europcar, Avis, Alamo, National car and Auto-europe.
    I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline linda

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • We used to use niza cars in Lg but for a few years now we use autoreissen pick up drop off at airport very good value cars reliable and no hidden extras.

Offline typo

• regular contributor
    « Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you all for your help, enquired because they are one of a couple that let you pick up at a/port and leave the car closer to LG. Yes have used Santiago R/Car with no problems and will probably continue.

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • couple that let you pick up at a/port and leave the car closer to LG.

How close to LG do you mean Typo, and who is the other Company ?

Offline cs

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I'd be very interested to hear of a company that will let you pick up at the airport and drop at near LG

BL

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Hertz let you pick up at Tenerife North or South airports and return to the desk at Tamaimo Tropical in Puerto Santiago.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
    « Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • I'd be very interested to hear of a company that will let you pick up at the airport and drop at near LG

Cicar do this.  LG office is in Puerto Santiago, next to Dragos Apartments.  Good rates (approx euros 38 for 24 hour rental).  New cars.  Very efficient desk in arrivals area in TFS. Book the cheapest ('A') grade and you will almost certainly get something bigger.

Offline typo

• regular contributor
    « Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • As mentioned in earlier replies Hertz either direct or via Holiday Autos or Car Hire 3000 let you pick up from the airport and allow drop off at their desk in Tamaimo Tropical. Still prefer the ease of picking up at a/port and using Santiago Rentacar but they seem to be being squeezed on prices now by the others.

webbie

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Rent A Car Santiago (who are a British owned Company) are based in Puerto de Santiago. They can deliver a car to the Airport, you come straight out of the Airport to the Car, no waiting at the Airport in Que's, and then you visit their office in Santiago to complete the paperwork. You can either leave the car in Santiago or drop off again at the Airport when you leave. I use them regularly and have had no problems at all. Very friendly and efficient.

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Rent A Car Santiago (who are a British owned Company) are based in Puerto de Santiago. They can deliver a car to the Airport, you come straight out of the Airport to the Car, no waiting at the Airport in Que's, and then you visit their office in Santiago to complete the paperwork. You can either leave the car in Santiago or drop off again at the Airport when you leave. I use them regularly and have had no problems at all. Very friendly and efficient.

Correct me if I am wrong but in the case you state doesn't the rental period have to be for a minimum duration of say 3 or 4 days ?? - whereas it seems with Cicar (as mentioned by Tanemera) you can collect the car at the airport drive to LG, have use of the car for 24 hours and then drop off at in P. Santiago all for the very generous price of circa ?38 - which is surely cheaper than getting a taxi from the airport to LG.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
    « Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011 »
  • Publish

Correct me if I am wrong but in the case you state doesn't the rental period have to be for a minimum duration of say 3 or 4 days ?? - whereas it seems with Cicar (as mentioned by Tanemera) you can collect the car at the airport drive to LG, have use of the car for 24 hours and then drop off at in P. Santiago all for the very generous price of circa ?38 - which is surely cheaper than getting a taxi from the airport to LG.

You got it in one, LGKid!  I tried Hertz, 3000 and Holiday Autos.  Hertz is very expensive and the other two have a minimum hire period and additional insurance charges.  Not only do you get to (or from) LG from the airport for 38 euros with Cicar, but you have the car for 24 hours to do the shopping.  You don't get that with a taxi at 50 euros.  It's worth giving the Puerto Santiago office a call before returning/collecting your car as the office is often closed for an hour or so while the manager collects and delivers cars. The Puerto office number is 922 86 23 46.

Asturian

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Always use auto reisen,great service and good prices. 8)

Caroline

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • Me too - used Auto Reisen for the first time this year after bad experiences with another company.  Brilliant service, great car - very impressed with them.  Will definitely be using them again next year.

Offline typo

• regular contributor
    « Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011 »
  • Publish
  • As I asked the question seems only fair to report results.

Booked car with 3000 only to find that the car wasn't available at the airport but 5-10 mins drive away. Didn't fancy another journey after flight so phoned them and was offered a car at the airport for another ?80! Declined and in fairness to them had a full refund with 12 hours!

Have since booked with Holiday Autos (have used them before) purely on price comparisons and ease of leaving at Hotel Tamaimo after 10 days or so as I would like to think I will not be going back to a/port until December.

Have used Niza, Renta-a-Car Sant., and Holiday Autos previously and maybe luckily have never had a problem with any, would have preferred to use a local company but unfortunately they are obviously being squeezed by the larger companies price wise.

Thanks to all for all advice and comments.