Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: bamboo bar  (Read 17976 times)

june mcloud

bamboo bar
« on: February 11, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Hi Sorry, but This String has to go. The PM Please don't post further comments on it, You know it makes Sense!
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2009 by The PM »

psychocat

Re: bamboo bar
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Unbelieveable, been following this, what ever happened to FREE speach. Also you cannot start a topic then ask for it to be deleted just because you do not like the answers you get !!!! CRAZY.

june mcloud

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  •  ???
    absolutely crazy

amunette

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Unbelievable!!  If it was full of lies and stuff, I could understand, but it wasn't, at least not last time I checked. All facts posted by myself came straight from the managers mouth. An explanation as to why it "had to go" would have been appreciated as well, and no it does not make sense, sorry.
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2009 by amunette »

june mcloud

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • i agree Amunette
    The lady in question was badly beaten, and it was all true, i started this thread, and all i wanted was to find out the truth,

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • i agree Amunette
    The lady in question was badly beaten, and it was all true, i started this thread, and all i wanted was to find out the truth,

In my opinion that is absolute rubbish, and not the first time Mcloud , one of the gossip mongers of Los G, has posted rubbish.  As far as I can tell the woman in question is not a lady and secondly she wasn't beaten up.

Now you can close this thread PM

poolepirate

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • This had the makings of being the most interesting topic on this forum for ages.

The reason to pull the plug on it is a bit beyond me. As long as none of the comments were libelous what is wrong with having a bit of genuine gossip on the site.

The story proves that sleepy Los Gigantes is not that sleepy. I will keep my ear to the ground and post anything I hear.

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • This had the makings of being the most interesting topic on this forum for ages.
    anything I hear.

Methinks you should get a life PP

amunette

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Lets be honest here, this forum is dying a death. Less posts day by day, yet when an interesting thread gets people coming back in to post, it gets pulled/censored. No wonder people do not bother anymore as what's the point if it gets deleted? 

Chrissi

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Have just come home and cant believe you guys are still talking about this happening have you nothing else better to do with your time,  dolly diver has decided to close it down, quite right. Gossip is unpleasant and I would prefer this site to enter into much more intelligent debates. Can someone explain to me how at a party two days later Helen looks the picture of health and certainly was not a beaten up lady, (let alone two black eyes)what a lot of idiots you are. This messenger board in my understanding was for good debates and interesting subjects, not for horrible gossip mongers to frequent. Go home guys , get a life and lets hear no more from any of you.

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you Chrissi for saying it how it is.

Falstaff

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • It  always amazes me how reports of disagreements become distorted by people with an axe to grind.  I  was in the Bamboo bar when this minor disagreement  over a hat  occurred between good friends. I captured it on my video camera. Helen is the one in green.  Make up your own mind.

The camera never lies.

amunette

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • LOL LOL Love the video!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissi, I suppose what claim you saw, 2 days later is more acurate than the words of the manager of the bar where it happened, who was actually there?

So what if it was a snippet of gossip?! Forums are ALWAY full of stuff like that in amongst more serious threads, or they should be. Forums should reflect life, and in life we ALL like to indulge in a little gossip and bitching, whether we admit it or not!! If you confine a forum to just "serious and intelligent" debate, then people get bored and stop visiting. You can see that has happened here as the place is dead. A year or so back when it was full of normal chatter and stuff it thrived, and had a good atmosphere. Now it just seems to be a "question and answer" forum, which is sad.

For someone being so vocal all of a sudden, its a pity you have not felt the need to join in before and start some "serious and intelligent" debates to keep us all busy and take our minds off gossip!!. A measly 5 posts in over a years membership hardly shows much interest or loyalty, does it?!!!!
    « Last Edit: February 15, 2009 by amunette »

grockle

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you Falstaff, I hadn't been aware as to how busy the bar had been on that particular evening, nor that there had been a Cowboy themed evening taking place. The situation is now perfectly clear.

Offline maps

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Nice video Falstaff . No one mentioned the lady had a RAWHIDE as well   

can't help myself
    Wales beat England again yesterday just incase  no body knew  :) :)
    EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP, I THANK THE LORD I'M WELSH

gigs

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you Falsie for the biggest laugh I've ever had on this forum!!

With you around, how could LG ever be dull?  Keep up the good work.

Offline linda

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Agree video great well done.On serious note yes we are all up for a bit of gossip and no need to delete thread unless it becomes to personal.

NikkiGQ

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  •  hi all,, i fell about laughing at the video nice one falstaff,, its sad that a couple of good friends came to blows,, i  hope for their sakes that they clear the situation up soon. We all need good friends to depend on in hard times.
    I have to agree with Linda,,, when gossip goes too far gets distorted and is personal,, its a good thing that DD is keeping a watch,, Ive been unfairly attacked on this website by unsavoury bottom dwellers,, rules are needed !!!

june mcloud

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • where have you been Nikki???
    not  posted for ages,  thought you went back to the UK

amunette

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
    have to agree with Linda,,, when gossip goes too far gets distorted and is personal

Yes, agree. In this case that did not happen. A question was asked, with incorrect information being posted. After that no other names bar the person being asked about were mentioned, nor was anything bar the facts of what happened to clarify the situation for the OP. I did not read any nasty personal comments about Helen or anyone else involved. Some a bit on the sarcastic/jokey side, but nothing nasty.

Far worse was said and insinuated about poor old Phil on the Dingo Dogs thread, yet that was allowed to stay, and a lot of it was very nasty, considering who he is and what he has good works he has done. Yet here we have a thread about ladies scrapping, only facts posted, nothing else, and it gets deleted.

orange

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Like many threads in a Forum. This one would have dried up naturally and disappeared into the past.

Gossip or the nearest thing to it underpins social Forums.  Nothing stops anyone from joining and
    replying if they want to ?right? matters or have an opinion.

I hear the Bamboo Bar may be closing anyway....

Offline linda

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • I would find the bamboo closing odd its been around for years its part of lg :)

amunette

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
    I hear the Bamboo Bar may be closing anyway....

Actually, the reason for that bit of gossip is, the lease is up in May!! Even if the present owner does not renew, doesn't mean it will shut as someone else would probably take it on. :)

freddy

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Sorry Freddy I will not permit this sort of personal attack. 
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2009 by The PM »

orange

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Hello Freddy

I feel a censor alert coming on - whoop! whoop!

Chrissi

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Freddy How can you say such things, this is so personal. For the benefit of a previous comment on this site, this person assumes I have only made five posts in 1 year, maybe now you know why. Idle gossip and nothing much to talk about. If I suggested a weekly scrabble night, or afternoon, card games (UNO is great fun) or even Chess I would be laughed out of town. Apart from the fact that several of you do not even live here. Are any of you aware that the Bamboo Bar was built to accommodate the workers who for their lunch needed somewhere to go when they were  building  the Los Gigantes Hotel before any of the apartments were built many years ago. This bar should be preserved as an Icon to this village and not what it has been turned into a base for gosssip, gossip, gossip. Perhaps the owners current and future should look to replacing their staff with people  who are loyal and appreciate this little bit of history. This will be my last posting until someone comes up with anything sensible to talk about.

Falstaff

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Perhaps the management of this website will take this opportunity to set out some clear ground rules in relation to what is not acceptable to post on this website. Clearly, Freddy's last  post is unacceptable but there are other situations in which messages are deleted without explanation. It's very easy to take the view that, ?its our website and we have the right to delete posts without explanation?, but this policy has a detrimental affect on peoples willingness to participate and this impacts on your bottom line. So why not just publish some basic rules and when you delete a post give the reason. Most of us are very reasonable people but no one likes being deleted without  explanation. It's just like being told to ?shut up?.

The PM

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Right let?s get this straight AGAIN
    NO Personal Attacks
    NO Bad Language (Which I might add has never been a problem)
    NO Unauthorised advertising
    NO Racism (again something that has not been a problem)
    First I want to say to the majority of our posters thank you for posting and using your own common sense as to what is appropriate or not.
    As Most of you post under pseudonym I/we will continue to remove anything that I/we do not feel appropriate and is not to the benefit of Los Gigantes,
    if you think that any moderator gets pleasure out of removing posts then you are mistaken, every time we have to remove/alter a string it is after a lot of consideration, and we know we are going to be criticised/chastised because we and not fair, even handed, etc, etc, etc. but as some people cannot play nice in the sand pit, I/we have to put up with abuse which follows.
    This board is an important part of los Gigantes.com I am into lively, witty debate, even strongly opinionated debate, but not personal slanging matches, and pathetic title-tattle. This site is here to promote the fantastic part of Tenerife in which many of us live. Not bring it down!

amunette

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009 »
  • Publish
    Apart from the fact that several of you do not even live here.

Ahh, sorry, didn't know you had to live in LG to have an opinion. Both mine and my partners Canarian family live in the area, so it is not hard to get information even in the UK!!

Are any of you aware that the Bamboo Bar was built to accommodate the workers who for their lunch needed somewhere to go when they were  building  the Los Gigantes Hotel before any of the apartments were built many years ago. This bar should be preserved as an Icon to this village and not what it has been turned into a base for gosssip, gossip, gossip.

I have seen the pictures and read the history of the area, yes, as have most I would imagine. I must point out that the people involved in the fight are regulars in the bar, so they are as guilty as anyone of turning it into a base for gossip. What is wrong whith that anyway?!! All towns have cafes/bars where friends meet for a bit of a a chat and bithch LOL

Perhaps the owners current and future should look to replacing their staff with people  who are loyal and appreciate this little bit of history.

I think having staff who clear up any mis-information posted on here IS loyalty to the bar. How do you know they have know appreciation of the history?

Offline linda

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Re bamboo i agree it was the first bar in LG and it had great character for many years .It used to be a quiet bar to sit and chill cant comment as havent been there recently.