Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Airport transfers  (Read 5705 times)

des

Airport transfers
« on: April 14, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Hi the local LG taxi site has a print out for you to hand to the airport taxi for a discounted fare. Does anyone have any experience of using this, straightforward or hassle involved? If not what is the normal fare from Sud airport to LG from the airport rank or any better suggestions for getting there direct.

Offline paulb

Re: Airport transfers
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Normally around 50ish euro if i remember used the airport taxiservice a few times cheaper with el mar services about 30 return .

orange

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • 'By the time you add taxi fares there and back a no brainer'

des - this is what you put in your first post and then went on about a car hire firm.

It is extremely clear on the Los Gigantes Taxis website of the Airport Fare - 42 Euros.

It has in fact gone down since you made your orignal post.

There are many Tenerife South Airport Passenger transfer firms on the web - easier to find then LG Taxis.

El Mar always look too packed in to me.

magsnmike

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • We used Elmar from the airport to PS last December and it was absolutely fine. A mini bus with one stop at Los Cristianos. No problems with them.

orange

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • I know someone who has used Resort Hoppa.

They had no problems and they have a 'meet and greet' stand directly outside the Arrivals door.

divan man

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • El Mar as always....reliable ,friendly,punctual and most of all.......CHEAP PRICES. ;D

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • El Mar as always....reliable ,friendly,punctual and most of all.......CHEAP PRICES. ;D

Certainly not in my experience they are not - have not used them since they failed to turn up in LG to collect us to take us back to the airport.  Since that time I have always picked up a hire car at the airport and likewise used a hire car to return.
    I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

coldandtired

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Always use Elmar, never had a problem in last 10 years. :)

Sweeney Todd

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • I always use the local bus about ?5.00 from the Airport to LG.

POOKYBLUE

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Although we do use El Mar everytime, it has not been without faults. They failed to pick us up at Christmas but thankfully because the one we were supposed to be on had empty seats we were still be able to get on it. Twice they haven't turned up at the airport to pick my parents up.

If you register on their website you get 10 per cent off your booking and you collect points towards a free transfer.

springishere

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Pookyblue
    Why on earth would you carry on using a company that keeps letting you down?

phoenix

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Because twice they failed to pick her parents up from the airport. ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resisit it.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
    « Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Just booked car at Auto Reissen at Airport 7 days 108 euros. I think that beats taxi-ing.

Offline linda

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • We always use autoreissen no problems so far and so easy :)

big john

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • yes we do as well, the best deal  around for a car, much cheaper than the local ones, esp Santiago rent a car and cicar

poolepirate

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Hold on big john.

I have had some good prices from Santiago Rent a Car in recent times. I am very satisfied with them.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
    « Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Can you get a C2 for 108 euros for 7 days?

Offline cs

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • just booked a C3 with autoreisen - 167 euros for 14 days,

big john

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • autorisen is the best deal around, Santiago quoted about  160 for 1WEEK.
    well were off see you all Sept/Oct

big john and mags

Caroline

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • Have tried El Mar, ok and cheap, apart from there was no room for us on the mini bus on the way from airport to LG. We were last to get our luggage and when we got out, all full. Redeemed themselves as they had another mini bus on standby and we had it all to ourselves.  Wonder what might have happened had they not had a spare mini bus available and parked next door - hmmm!  Return trip was a bit of a nightmare, they picked us up late and then we went on a bit of a milk round to get to the airport - booorrrriiingggg.....  and we were late to check-in (mighty long queue when we finally arrived!).

Have hired a car for the last 2 years - perfect bliss.  Pick it up at airport, leave LG at your own leisure (with no worries about anyone forgetting to get you!) drop car off end of hol.  Fab and so without any stress.  We are doing the same again this year.  Now on count down  -  63 days to lift off!  Can't wait! ;D

magpie21

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010 »
  • Publish
  • We like to support local businesses but when their prices are double, as with a recent quote from Santiago versus Autoreisen, we just can't afford to.  Have used both in the past and both have been fine.