Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: new restaurant  (Read 5391 times)

jen

new restaurant
« on: September 22, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I notice there seems to be is new restaurant opening on the front, next door to Maria Cappuchino. What is the cuisine to be, what is it to be called and when is it to open?

Offline el presidente

Re: new restaurant
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Its called 'La Pergola'.
    Owed by Joaquin de Juan.
    Traditional Spanish cooking.
    Opens 17th October.

el presidente

Offline wishiwasthere

• regular contributor
    « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Where is this new restaurant?

grockle

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Lower Puerto Santiago. Towards the end of the coastal path and next to the Hotel Barcelo Santiago. It is in the Mar Blanco shopping complex built by Delmar. The new restaurant will be next door to the Maria Cappucino and beneath El Timon and Barco Del Nino restaurants.
    Hope this helps ?

Offline amibovvered

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Lower Puerto Santiago. Towards the end of the coastal path and next to the Hotel Barcelo Santiago. It is in the Mar Blanco shopping complex built by Delmar. The new restaurant will be next door to the Maria Cappucino and beneath El Timon and Barco Del Nino restaurants.
    Hope this helps ?

Certainly does my friend

SG

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Hi I believe that the Restaurant La Pergola is taking bookings you can call them on 922 860347. :)

orange

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • There is certainly some restaurant/bar competition in that area.

Offline janey

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • a bit of competition is good! i do feel sorry for barco del nino though - this restaurant has been completely hidden by the stalls outside of netto and the netto awning!!  you wouldnt know he was there!!! such a shame cos it is a lovely restaurant inside and the food is always consistently good.

orange

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Agreed.

The only problem is the amount of potential customers
    in that area to maintain that competition.

The Barcelo Santiago and Tamaino Tropical Apartments,
    the tourist places down there are well into all-inclusive
    for a start.

MR MAN

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Whenever things get tough or as they say in the catering industry when the cake becomes suddenly smaller with the same amount of people trying to eat it i personally have always turned to dancing poodles our four legged friends brunch on the credit crunch, they cock there leg up and frown at Brown and finally they don't toil at the high price of oil these saviours of society are in comparison to Vera Lynn during the blitz they will keep our chins up during these hard times ahead and when we have beaten all, that the all inclusive, lack of tourism and depreciating pound has thrown at us, we will turn to our fourlegged Friends and say thankyou and as churchill said never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Offline janey

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • balcon de los gigantes is busy and a lot of people there eat out, and i think tamaimo and barcelo dont insist on all inclusive during the winter months so they should do better. el timon is always busy as is cappucino maria at lunchtimes - sometimes you cannot get a table!!