Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Live Music  (Read 3484 times)

Carl

Live Music
« on: November 05, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • As a musician I have been watching with great interest some of the strings on this forum. Whilst I live In Tenerife I don?t live locally, but I thought I would come over to Los Gigantes  to see one of the local duo?s that had been talked about so much, I am sorry Dolly but the people that were raving about this group/duo, what are you on? This is the same old dross that has been turned out as music by many artists with limited ability, that play using backing tracks to cover up.  The singer was entertaining, but for me I left feeling disappointed.  And I know it is the only way that artists can make a living. As I walked back to the car I was contemplating that I would go to Tajinasti this weekend to hear the band, that are supposed to play live music. As I was walking back to the car I heard what sounded like real drums being played. I followed my ears and found a bar called the Courtyard and 5 guys playing to a packed house it was standing room only! It turned out to be the band I was planning to go and see this weekend, called ?It?s Immaterial?. What a great night! Just fantastic, I can?t say more, at last I have found some real live music, Thanks Guys, I?ll see you Sunday. Just a controversial thought why weren?t ?It?s Immaterial? playing for the tourist day? Surly it would have been a better advert for the area.

The PM

Re: Live Music
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Thanks Carl it?s good to be appreciated for the music we play, all of our guys work in various other solo, duo?s or occasionally trio?s with the dreaded backing tracks, that?s just the way is has to be to earn a crust.  You don?t say what instrument you play but if you ever want to join us in the future for a jam just let us know.
    In answer to your question about, the Day of the Tourist. We were asked first if we would play, but the reality was that three of our member were working on that night and could not let down the bars they worked for.  We offered to play after midnight but the licence for that event was only until midnight. We previously played in the plaza for a Lions Event and were in fact the first Live English Rock band to ever play in the plaza of Los Gigantes.  There are other live music events at Tajinasti every other Friday  there is an acoustic set no amps etc which has be called a folk night but more correctly should be called a music for folk night, country, traditional, comic, sixties, just a great fun night.

Shania

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Hi Long time no post how come the courtyard gig was not publicised you know i would have been there, I can't wait till sunday i was told that the band was brilliant on Tuesday. Carl are you attached you sound just like my sort of guy.

Offline Dolly Diver

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Sorry Shania I was under strict instructions not to publicise the gig.  It was a suprise party for Ray, the base player.  He's moving on to pastures new next week.  Ray expected it to be his last gig at the Courtyard with Kev but when he got there all the lads had rearranged their evening so they could have an additional gig altogether.

I have been told off by several people for not announcing Tuesday, so for those who missed it get to Tajinaste on Sunday afternoon, it will all be repeated.

Check out "What's on locally" for times and how to get there http://www.losgigantes.com/evenings.htm

So Ray is leaving............will that be the end of live band "It's Immaterial"?  Watch this space!

Carl

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • What a gig sunday, It's Immaterial you guys were great, I'll be back for the next one, it was sad to hear that your bass player is leaving but the other guy who played was good. Shania what happened were you there?

Shania

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Hi Carl hi guys I'm back i was sulking a bit about missing the Tuesday gig but I forgave you all after the gig on sunday, it just a shame that Ray has gone, who is going to take his place will he be a sexy? all these things are driving me crazy. but whoever it is I am looking forward to your next gig real music you bet, I just love it, I really do. Carl I'll pm you to meet at the next gig if you like. xxxx