Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Jardin Del Sol  (Read 4667 times)

babe

Jardin Del Sol
« on: December 29, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I would just like to mention how nice my meal was in Jardins Del Sol last night.  It has not been mentioned on the site for a while and I just thought people would be interested.  I had Garlic Prawns to start with which I was very impressed when there was 12 of them, usually restaurants serve approx 6.  The Lamb Chops were also very nice and the garnishes were a nice change from chips, 3 other diners on my table also were pleased with their meals (Salmon and Pasta dishes).
    The staff were very friendly and helpful.  They have seating in doors and out doors which is very good at the moment considering the weather is a little UN predictable.

TraceyRich

Re: Jardin Del Sol
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I ate in here in September too and it was very nice. I have never had a bad meal in there actually.  ;)

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
    « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • I think JdS is better than "nice". It's a leading contender for best restaurant in the area. Me and Her Ladyship ate there 3 times recently and had super food, good surroundings and VERY pleasant owners/staff.

t l c

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • Yes we have had some great meals there but my fave at the moment is the new one La Pagola (just along from the Barcelo Santiago Hotel), I've been to both in the past week and they have been supberb

poolepirate

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • You must be loaded to eat at Le Pergola. We far prefer El Timon.

BL

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008 »
  • Publish
  • ....and you're certainly not on a UK pension........

The Welsh Wizard

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • We ate there for the first time over New Year and it was lovely. It'd been recommended loads of times but we always just seem to wander past.... not anymore though, will deffo be going again! The Pork in Mustard Sauce was delicious and the Spag Bol was one of the nicest I've tasted!

Offline janey

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • my friends and i didnt find la pergola expensive! 6 of us went for lunch and it was great value! maybe it was dearer over xmas?  we had main courses - 3 'well stocked salads' and 3 omlettes, plenty of wine. i cant remember exactly what the bill was but, it was a lot cheaper than uk would have been, and we sat outside in the sunshine with the most glorious view!  service was second to none! not made it for dinner yet, but over during the summer and will definitly try it.

and will try jardin del sol again. used to love it when orlando ran it (think that was his name), then it really went down and never been back..... but will go and try it out again.

t l c

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • La Pergola is actually cheaper that some of the places in LG., was there this week and my meal was superb. They also do excellent lunches and the setting is perfect, drinks are also cheaper than a lot of places in the area. I went to Casa Juanas (Alcala) recently and paid 10.50 (starter) for garlic prawns !!!!

GIRL1

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • I enjoyed a fantastic meal last week in Jardin, the service was excellent and food divine.  We sat outside and then moved in for coffee as it got a bit chilly and it was no problem to do this.
    The way they serve their potatoes is very unusual and they are to die for - go and see for yourself!

Offline blaggers

• regular contributor
    « Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Can somebody tell me where this restaurant is please.

Offline maps

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009 »
  • Publish
  • Hello blaggers

Its next to the Santander bank before you go ih the square 
    EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP, I THANK THE LORD I'M WELSH